Damn. It’s almost 2013 and I’ve barely had a chance to catch up with 2012. It’s been a hell of a run, and from what I can gather, it isn’t gonna slow down any time soon.
So, in the spirit of brevity, let be break this down.
- Got married to the most amazing woman that’s ever existed.
- Added two more kids to the Norcross brood.
- Bought a house. Real-deal adult shit.
- Bought a Cadillac. A car I’ve wanted for a long, long time.
What I Learned
- Adulthood is fucking expensive.
- I have a lot to learn about parenting.
- Insomnia is a bastard.
- Left BlueGlass Interactive to join RavenTools as their Senior WordPress Developer, working remotely full time again.
- Continued to work on freelance client work.
- Released quite a few plugins, with a few more in the works.
What I Learned
- I’m getting pretty good at this coding thing.
- I prefer building plugins over themes.
- It’s OK to fire a client, even one that pays well, if they aren’t amenable to your life.
Goals for 2013
- Have a patch submitted to WP core.
- Release a paid product (got a few things in the works).
- Expand my non-WordPress development skill set.
- Try to build a mobile app, just to learn.
- Trim down the freelance work I take on to projects that I’m actually interested in.
- Be a better dad to my kids.
- Be a better husband to my wife.
- Spend more time with my parents.
- Slow down a bit. Really, I’m gonna kill myself.
- Help in whatever way possible on the home renovation.
So there ya have it. This year has been a whirlwind of…well…life. Best I can gather, it’s not slowing down anytime soon. And to be honest, I can’t imagine it any other way.